What companies would you NEVER apply to?

Any companies out there that you would highly recommend not even applying to? Would love to know from personal experiences and why! Thank you!

2 Likes

NEVER WORK AT REUNITED CLOTHING!
RUN! IT’S HELL!
The workload is heavy, heavy, heavy. The culture is toxic. You will be blamed for things that are not your fault and out of your control. The workers are stressed. People leave this place in groups because it’s so bad. There are roaches turned belly up in the halls and bathroom. There’s a ghost (no joke). You’ve been warned. Be smart.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of them! Had to look them up! THANK YOU!

Johnny was, worked there, it was terrible. I’ve talked about it in company reviews. And maybe Forever 21, terrible reputation.

4 Likes

I’ve HEARD terrible things about BCBG, Guess, Forever 21, Fashion Nova - all for crazy hours, too much work, unorganized management, etc.

Guess is psycho about TIME and have people out in the parking lot counting when employees arrive. (I’d like to be treated like an adult, thank you!).

Forever 21 is super cult-y, they have a cafeteria but it’s basically just so that you never get to leave. And of course the Chang family and they way they run things is famous. In the tech department, you could hear a pin drop.

BCBG I freelanced at, years ago, and back them if you freelanced you had to wear one of those “Hi, My Name Is” stickers… walking through the PD/tech department, pretty much everyone was wearing one of those stickers.

ANY fast fashion company. Stay away from SHEIN, Fashion Nova, Forever 21. Even after warning friends/colleagues about these companies, they still took the jobs, but didnt last more than 6 months as they were so burned out. Totally overworked and the compensation was below average for the hours they sucked out of them.

2 Likes

I need details on the ghost :slight_smile:

This ghost is NOT Casper. It is not nice. After certain hours, parts of the office where the ghost lives is blocked off to prevent problems.

Don’t waste your time applying to Theory headquarters in the meatpacking district in NYC. I’ve endured some pretty bad companies already but this is another level!

You can feel the bad energy/atmosphere right when you just start. I only freelanced there but was ready to quit in my first week.

They trained me with a bad attitude as if they really don’t care to train me but they had to because they were asked to do it by higher management. No patience and very short and this was all in the beginning so I knew later on it was going to get worse.

I was also spoken to disrespectfully repeatedly there and a lot of attitudes and aggressions were taken out on me by the same particular team members.

Their job description is not accurate either. I thought I was going in for a management role and ended up doing all the gopher work or things that don’t take skill and I came in there experienced.

1 Like

Theory used to be part of Tahari. Apparently, the culture from Tahari carried over. SMH

3 Likes

JUMP…the caption should read (out of the window). typical garmento mentality.

1 Like

Oh my God Tahari has that culture too?? What’s wrong with these companies.

If it wasn’t for one of the managers trying their best to make it better for me while I was there I would of left Theory long time ago. The bad culture drained my soul out and I would drag my feet every morning going there to work.

I know a couple of people that use to work at Theory and they still get nightmares from working there even though they left.

1 Like