Parigi - Is this a good place to work?

Hi All,

I was considering on applying for a Designer job at PARIGI. (Children’s Wear)

Does anyone have feedback about this company? Good or Bad.

I appreciate your input. Thank you.

They have two stars out of five. I thought they are recruiting company…?

1 Like

Thank you.

On GlassDoor, Parigi Group Ltd put out a job post for a Head Designer. It is a Children’s Wear company.

I heard of them, but I do not know anyone that has worked there. So I am not sure if I should apply.

I’ve heard bad things about this company. A very good friend of mine worked there some years created a whole line and was let go just before it was time to present her line.

1 Like

Had a friend that worked there. It was okay but from what I understand a bit chaotic when he came to lay offs. They filed her and a bunch of others in a room and laid them of. She was asked to come back not too long after that…then they laid her off again. I think they tried to ask her back a 3rd time. She told them to kick rocks. I believe both lay offs were right before Christmas… real classy

2 Likes

I was doing freelance there a few years ago. It is a very toxic environment, but it depends on which division you work in. I was in the DKNY children’s wear. I was freelance so I worked my 8 hours a day. Many people would work 10+ hours a day.
Good luck, a job is a job, and bills need to be paid.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. That is terrible what happened you your friend. I am sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, that has also happened to me. 4 years at my former company, (I was let go in March), I had samples coming in from China, I saw some, but was let go because of COVID-19. So, all my hard work, staying late, working extra on weekends on my own time, was all for nothing.

COVID-19 does suck, but it has made me realize I need to find a better balance with work and my life.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Wow! That is just awful! They seem very unorganized and heartless.

Sorry your friend had to go through that. I guess 3rd times the charm. Glad she moved on.

Thank you for your input. I guess Freelancing versus Full-time is the better option here. Your personal experience is very helpful.

Being laid off is not easy. However, it is not just a job to me, it is my career. Half of my life is spent at work. I want to be happy and not dread it. I am being cautious in finding the right fit.

Though, You are right. Bills need to get paid. I may consider freelancing to test out the company. You made a smart move doing that. :+1:

1 Like

they still exist? i worked here over ten years ago in product development. there were layoffs every other month. in fact, i was freelancing there when they laid off an entire department & then offered me the job of one of the women let go.
i would avoid them.