Express Corporate

Has anyone worked there or heard what it’s like to work in their offices in NYC?

1 Like

Im quite curious myself. I went in for an interview once and they seemed nice.

1 Like

How long ago did you go for an interview?

1 Like

I would say it was between 4-5 years ago.

1 Like

I too have been looking to understand express corporate culture. Looking to join their denim team however haven’t heard anything about the workplace, life/balance, etc. Hoping that means its a great or at least good place to work.

I have seen their post for denim jobs a lot lately have definitely been tempted to apply. But Express wasn’t doing well before the pandemic and certainly isn’t now. I don’t mean like not doing good in general I mean like Macy’s not doing well. I’m shocked they haven’t filed for bankruptcy yet.

1 Like

SAME! I’m honestly surprised they’ve lasted this long. I’ve at least seen people inside of Macy’s every time I see an Express its like a ghost town and has been for quite some time.

1 Like

Read an article can’t remember where and the reporter talked about being in their flagship in NYC. She was their at lunch and noted only two shoppers, that whole store was on promo and the sale section was stuffed with product. Article was pre Covid

1 Like

I interviewed once. I think the HR calls people on before consulting with the team to get a better understanding of the roles. It’s always difficult when young HR people haven’t had any industry experience and are obviously trying to learn as well.

Like other brands where the merchants and half of the team are based in Columbus, Ohio the office function like separate businesses with different cultures.

Express has also invested in the uniforming business and was also building a business outfitting hotels and other business Recently. I’m not sure how profitable it is but considering the fate of its former family members like NY and Co and the Limited, I imagine that it is only a matter of time before they close too. Perhaps that’s what will keep them around the fact that many young people find them a quick solution from their teenage years for casual business outfitting. With the work from home takeover that will likely change too. Curious to see how they will pivot.