How is nyc now after covid and wfh?

Hey guys are Manhattan fashion companies letting people wfh more after covid? Are they letting employees have a more work life balance and letting people have flex schedules?

2 Likes

NYC has the same mindset it always had when it comes to its workers…Exploit at any chance possible. There are some companies that never really shut down. There are some that allowed work from home but are pushing for things to get “back to normal” ignoring the liability of having workers get sick from coming into the office and being exposed to all those who do not wear a mask in the office because they have already gotten COVID and think they are immune. Even though it is VERY possible to get COVID twice and those not wearing masks can still spread the virus. And the companies that allow part time or full time work from home are expecting employees to be working 24/7 since they have access.

3 Likes

Do you think that’s the mindset of smaller family owned companies or larger corporate brands?

The mindset to exploit is definitely a trademark of some small companies but it could happen in any company as we’ve read in the “most toxic companies in the fashion industry” thread.

3 Likes

I am aware Ferragamo has called their office people back in as of March 1st.

1 Like

I’ve been back in the office full-time since September. (!) Family-owned company. But it’s very much team-to-team here - I haven’t seen some people in a year. I just drew the short straw, I guess.

1 Like

Our design department has been in the office 4 days a week since June. But they’ve been a little more flexible with hours and whatnot. Overall I would say it’s a step in the right direction in terms of work/life balance. I don’t have a good sense of what’s happening at other companies though.

1 Like

My company has gone forward with giving up the NYC office and doing WFH permanently. We use a NJ space quarterly for 3 weeks to go through line reviews and edits. It has worked out very well.

9 Likes

wow that is super nice. Wonder what companies are jumping on this van wagon

1 Like