Delta Galil Brands

Delta Galil is hands down the most toxic corporation that I have ever worked for, they own a portfolio of brands, the most recognizable among them are 7ForAllMankind, Splendid, and PJ Salvage the rest of the brands are either licenses or European sleepwear and intimates brands.

The CEO of DG is a horrible little man who likes to give his female employees unwanted hugs, comments on their appearance in inappropriate ways, etc. etc. This toxicity permeates the entire culture. It’s the meanest, most unhappy group of people I’ve ever worked with.

They don’t believe in compensating people for their good work, they treat you like property and use you up/spit you out. They make grand gestures at the corporate level for “international women’s day” but it’s all performative because when the rubber hits the road they don’t actually support women or minorities, they harass, mistreat, minimize and underpay them.

6 Likes

Ugh, I hate companies that act “woke” for marketing purposes but who don’t treat their employees the same way.

4 Likes

I can attest to this. I worked for a Delta brand for 1 year and i still have nightmares about it. It was the most toxic culture I’ve ever seen. Tons of backstabbing and sabotaging. Racism, sexism, and harassment of all kinds was the norm. The upper management turned a blind eye to a group of mean girls who literally only gossiped and sabotaged their coworkers and never once did anything productive. New people would be ‘tested’ and put through the ringer, expected to do every last thing while the employees who had been there 5+ years just kicked back and created chaos. One girl literally bragged that she was ‘hazing’ new people, upper management didn’t do a thing about it.

1 Like

Yep, I could go ON AND ON and on, but I mainly want people to avoid working here like the plague.

It’s so sad to me because this could be such a great place to work, the exposure to so many diverse product offerings and business models could be a place to learn and grow a career. Instead it is a toxic cesspool where you will be consistently demotivated and demoralized while being expected to do the job of 4 people. I guess this leadership model just keeps not failing enough so there’s no reason to change any behavior. I’ve worked in some destructive environments and I consider myself exceptionally resilient but this place could emotionally destroy a Vulcan.

5 Likes

Its interesting to hear new things about DG.

I was only freelancing with them before they did a reshuffle and ran out of budget. This was when the virus was starting in the US. Didn’t have any problems in my dept from what I experienced.

We are using the polling system from the forum software to test a simple Company Review format. If you commented on Delta Galil, we hope that you will take this quick, 6 question survey.

Is Delta Galil your current or most recent employer? If so, please rate rate this organization with the selections provided below.

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO A FRIEND?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Please rate on a scale from 1-5 with 5 being the best

0 voters

CULTURE & VALUES

0 voters

CAREER ADVANCEMENT

0 voters

WORK/LIFE BALANCE

0 voters

SENIOR MANAGEMENT

0 voters

If you’d like to comment on your experience at Company Name, use the reply feature.

Oh dear… where do I begin…

I’ve been at Delta for about 2.5 years now and they have been the worst years of my life. You might be wondering why I’m still there. Well they offer really great pay and like most of the people working there, there’s a weird Stockholm syndrome thing going on.

I’ve gone through intense mental games working there and have suffered a severe mental breakdown last year from all the stress and the BS which has still left me with PTSD. I have been bullied for multiple reasons. The higher ups are so obsessed about who I’m talking to to, who I hang out with at lunch, what I’m wearing, etc. They would complain to my managers through text about me wearing sneakers, meanwhile there were people in the activewear team that would come in with camis and yoga pants and gym sneakers. I’ve had to stop talking to people while working there because higher ups would complain about who I’m speaking to (from other divisions) and would secretly watch me. This might not seem like a big deal to people, but to me, what I wear shows my identity and who I am… we work in FASHION we should have our own sense of style, and Delta doesn’t understand that. I don’t typically fit in to the type of employee that they want, but I know that I at least have my own unique sense of style.

I’m sure I have more to say, but I’m happy that I have found this thread because I finally feel like there is hope and people will understand me.

PS. don’t work there.

8 Likes

Terrible place to work. I worked there for over a year. The company did zero to protect its employees leading up to the pandemic. Actually assembling a town around the last week of February and when a few employees asked for sanitizer, COO stood up and said you could use soap. I had friends in other Fashion companies working around the same time, who were appalled that DG hadn’t taken necessary steps. The head of my division refused to even shut down until Gov did. If you want a company that cares about employees, look elsewhere, not here.

4 Likes

I definitely remember that and I was like… huh??? We closed so late and even then Sir Isaac Dabah didn’t really want to close down. jc…

1 Like

Isaac is a garbage human. His daughter is an even bigger garbage human. I’ve never seen a company or group of people that tries so hard to project an image of moral superiority and is truly entirely soulless, unethical and amoral.

3 Likes

I was thinking of applying for the activewear department, but your review has made me think otherwise. Thanks for your honest feedback on the company.

1 Like

@PeanutButterFalcon Fly free and farrr farrrr away Falcon!

3 Likes

That made me laugh out loud! hahahaha! Thanks, will do! Falcon out. :eagle:

2 Likes

The head of the activewear department is definitely not someone anyone should work for. She would drive the art director crazy and the AD was such a nice person… only for her to get let go during the quarantine. They probably did that to hire someone that would take lower pay tbh.

1 Like

I had three interviews with them and at the end they told me they couldn’t meet my salary expectations (I was asking for $5K more than they were offering). I might have considered it if it was a really good opportuity, but I had serious reservations about working there. They were supposedly letting someone go which was why they were recruiting for the role. I was completely transparent about my salary requirements when I started the process with them. To my knowledge, they never hired anyone and kept the person in place.

2 Likes

I had multiple interviews for an Associate Sweater Designer role for Splendid at Delta Galil at the end of December 2019. They ended up not offering me the role. The reviews on here have proved to me that it might have been a blessing in disguise. Glad I dodged a bullet lol

3 Likes

Just to add to this… Multiple people got COVID and we never got any HR email to test ourselves/wfh/close the office for 2 weeks. Oh, and people walk around with no masks/still don’t wash their hands all the time.

2 Likes

That’s terrible but not surprising.

1 Like