What Apparel Brands are back in the office

Share companies that are now back to work in the office and not WFH? NYC? LA?

I know Natori, Xcel Brands and Nicole Miller are all going back to the office now. Some days during the week, they work at home and some days they are in the office.

I think most are. My company was never truly WFH 100% which is to be expected, but they keep saying ā€œwhen weā€™re back in the office in Januaryā€¦ā€ like covid will disappear on New Yearā€™s. Iā€™m applying to places and finding many many are 100% in the office and never allowed WFH. Definitely not taking up a position like thatā€¦

2 Likes

Are these smaller companies you think? All in nyc? Wonder about nyc large corporate companies like Ralph Lauren, coach, the gap, Jones, dkny, converse, Calvin etc

Disagree that ā€œmost companiesā€ are back in office. I know Gap and J Crew are still remote. Jones NY is fully back in office.

Ralph - design goes in about twice a month, more if needed. WFH extended to June '21
Aero - once a week the merchants are coming back, design is there more
Urban - all of design is already back, merchants do like 2-3 days WFH
fashion nova - buying all back in the office. replen buying does 2-3 WFH
AEO - people are still going in as needed but majority is WFH

1 Like

I just spoke to a company today that would have been the perfect job 8 months ago.But taking into consideration the current reality, hearing that the team works on site, no one is remote and the days are long days in a lot of meetings (with colleagues closer than 6ā€™) Just wearing a mask taking peopleā€™s temperatures doesnā€™t seem safe enough.
Have most people returned to working in the office 5 days a week?
If so, how do you feel about this? My friends that are working are remote and /or in no more than 2 days a week or freelance /remote. I could handle being on site for meetings and /or 2 days a week, but every day all day seems very risky.
Is this becoming more common now? I donā€™t feel that I can put my family in jeopardy , I donā€™t live alone so my actions affect others, and the pandemic is now getting worse and we still have no treatments or vaccines. I know that we all have our own ā€˜risk toleranceā€™ standards, and I totally respect that, so Iā€™m interested in hearing what everyone else thinks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m lucky that my company is doing 100% remote, with the exception of the Product/Design team who come in as needed to review fabrics and product, and for fittings. We all wear masks and social distance as much as we can, but yes, when we do a fitting weā€™re all in the same room together- sometimes for 5-6 hours or more.
I feel ok about it, at itā€™s usually just 1x/week, and we are all carefulā€¦ but there are some days I think about being in a windowless room with 6-10 other people-even though weā€™re wearing masks- and kind of cringe. But I feel this is something I can deal with.
However, the thought of being in an office 8+ hours a day, every day, even with masks, makes me extremely uncomfortable. Iā€™m 42, and healthy- but you really just never know. I turned down a job back in July because they were deadset against WFH.

1 Like