Quarantine Projects?

Is anyone else using this downtime to work on your own side project? Especially operating within fashion and media, I feel like you need to have multiple projects going on to supplement your experience. It can often feel exhausting. It sometimes feels similar to an aspiring actor that needs clips, a podcast, a revenue-generating income and a pr presence.

Anyway, I went ahead and finally launched a little weekday newsletter aimed delivering health & wellness snippets. Quarantine is giving me the time to relaunch this project I’ve had on the back burner.

I’m hosting on substack: wabisabiletter.substack.com.

Is anyone else getting into a new project or hobby during quarantine?

4 Likes

Yes I’m researching the viability of my ideas now! Not committing until I decide.

Yes as a matter a fact I am working on a project. I’m interviewing female business owners in the fashion industry who immigrated into Canada and talking about their experiences and achievements, Covid-19, the effects of the pandemic and so much more. I’ve been in the fashion industry for over 20 years, as well as a Public Speaker.

I love Public Speaking and I am looking to expand my career in Public Speaking, so I thought why not put my interview on LinkedIn and Instagram and use this platform to showcase my speaking abilities, and at the same time I also get to discuss my passion which has always been fashion and surround myself with smart, inspiring women.

The project has been a lot more work then I had anticipated, but nevertheless I am loving every moment of it and at the same time I’m learning a lot about myself and I cannot wait to see the final edit I’m hoping that all the hard work will pay off in the end!!

Not matter what I still made some amazing contacts and freelance opportunities.

1 Like

I am but am still in the “simmering” stage. I have a couple of ideas. I will share when ready to. Good luck with your projects everyone!

I’m working on prints. I’ve been leaning towards interior design lately. Interested in sustainability and holistic design.

1 Like

I have quarantined a fashion app because of all of the above also… not to mention rising costs