Part time Freelance in Design

I’m looking at switching to freelance to open up some of my time. But i’m not really seeing part-time freelance out there. Is that a thing? Or is it mostly full time until a project is completed?

1 Like

I would also be interested in getting into freelance part-time. I’ve only seen this when someone leaves a company but the company still like the person’s work, so they’ll ask them to pitch in when the workload is heavy from time to time. If you’re on good terms with your previous employers, it can’t hurt to ask.

I’d be down to do this with previous employers, but wow people sure change once you put in your 2 week notice! You’re dead to them after you quit. Oh well!

1 Like

Yes part-time freelance is a thing but most companies will not advertise it. You either need to know someone who has hiring decision power or work with an agency that is well connected. Most freelance design positions are temps to hire, medical leave coverage, OR project/ season based. If you work with an agency, you can give your parameters and then they’ll negotiate and send jobs that meet your criteria. If you take on projects verses seasonal, hours can sometimes be more flexible and will allow for remote work. It usually depends upon the needs of the company at that time. Most of the part-time freelance work I’ve gotten is through personal connections, referrals and word of mouth. Whenever you’re ready to go that route, be prepared to hustle and sell yourself.

1 Like

Yeah, this is kind of what i figured. Thanks!

what are the hourly rate for part time freelance?

1 Like