3D Designer/Artist

This is an emerging job title/category. I think it would be helpful to hear what folks are seeing out there as salaries for these jobs.

1 Like

I was just going to post this question as well. What kind of hourly rate are people charging / paying for 3D assets?

2 Likes

I was hoping this would bring my salary into the 6 figures, but at the moment contracting between $32-50/hr… companies are bing super cautious with $$ and how they are hiring right now :frowning:
I have never made it to the 6 figure club in this industry - it’s super frustrating!!

2 Likes

I think once the economy gets more reliably in recovery you’ll get your shot :heart:

My company recently had need for freelance 3D help, we paid $45/hour - but the person we went with did not have much industry experience applying the software, so there ended up being a lot of back and forth. Would absolutely pay more next time for someone with a more experience in Design and/or Tech.

3 Likes

I started a topic on this with more questions

(Companies/Brands Using 3D)

Would love to get more insite on this new area in our industry!

1 Like

I have noticed lower salaries for this, even with my years of Tech designer experience. Fortunately, I have just set up a upwork and Fiverr account to help supplement.

2 Likes

have you gotten worthwhile work from these platforms? They take a pretty large chunk of the $$ I’m a bit weary to sign up…

1 Like