Which companies have the worst turnover (pre-covid)?

I worked for Elie for 6 months. I was considered a veteran. All the stories are true. I learned A LOT while I was there, but you worked at least 6 days/wk. If you left work at 9pm, you were leaving early. We stayed until at least 11pm. He scheduled meetings on Sundays. He scheduled meetings at 10pm… You worked at least 65hrs/wk. He screamed and yelled daily. The only way to get through working for him is to SMILE all day long. He “reads” people. He is very superstitious and paranoid. I was enjoying my job, and able to have some great conversations with him about art and architecture, and was always smiling- so he liked me because I was genuine. I actually liked him a lot, but saw him as a very unstable person. I sat right outside his office and never had any issues. I was let go because the design team I was on hated that he liked me. Toxic? Hell YES. Turnover? Definitely every month. Sometimes, several times per month. But for some ungodly reason, I really liked him.

I had more trouble with the people who worked there because it was a kill or be killed atmosphere.

BCBG-I always heard it called ‘Bitches Come/Bitches Go’ :wink:

5 Likes

Good to know! I was interviewing at FIGS!

BCBG has one of the worst reputations. I freelanced there for a week- when you’re a freelancer, you have to wear a “Hello, My Name Is…” Tags. Well, almost everyone in the department was wearing their name tag. I finally met someone who seemed to know what was going on, and I asked her a bunch of questions… and then I commented, “wow, so nice to meet someone who knows the ropes here- how long have you worked here?” and she answered back “It’s been the longest six weeks of my life.”

3 Likes

Monique Lhuillier staff either stays on for 10+ years or they make it a year max. Basically every patternmaker in Los Angeles who has worked in elevated product has taken a turn there.

Johnny Was brand team. 7-9 person team, at least one turnover per month while I was there.

I worked for LOFT about 15 years ago and it was the same back then too. They built a HUGE planning and allocation department and there was some nice benefits, but the turnover was very high because they didn’t encourage internal promotions much. Once I left in 2005 I heard there was a mass exodus of almost everyone I worked with at the company.