Where to find freelance pattern makers?

Hey everyone!

I am a designer and I do plenty of hand pattern making on paper, but I need some patterns digitized and graded. Although I could probably eventually teach myself this skill…I just don’t have the time right now.

I am also assisting a client in launching a line. It is the first time I am doing this and we went with a vertically integrated company that offers pattern making/prototype development/sourcing/manufacturing, but we aren’t super happy with our service thus far. So this client may potentially be looking for a freelance pattern maker in the future.

Anyways, long story short, I am not sure where to start looking for a pattern maker? I am sure there are plenty of you here (not sure if we are allowed to post jobs on this forum) but where do you patternmakers usually advertise your services? Is there a central place to look to hire fashion industry related freelancers?

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use Accurate Patterns to digitize and grade.

A friend of mine is freelance patternmaking,there are more places in midtown but depends what type of products you are making

hiromi@selvageny.com

Hi!

I’m a freelance patternmaker, I also have some friends who are fab patternmakers, it just depends on what kind of work you need done.

I sent you a message, if you’re interested :slight_smile: Hope you are able to find the help you need!

Hi Eileen,

I am a freelance pattern maker with software for digitizing, pattern making, and grading. Depending on what type of garments you are looking to create, maybe I can help?

In any event good luck and pattern makers are out there!

1 Like

Hey there you can also reach out to someone on LinkedIn? I wish we had a central website for sure. I don’t think there is one, you would think that in this time and age. I know people in the industry just do it on the side depending on their schedule. I’ve see. Fb groups that have specialized forums to fashion apparel industry professionals…maybe look there? Also small in-house producing houses or recent college fashion grad students.

https://www.google.com/search?q=facebook+fashion+oatternamkers+new+york&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&q=patternmaker+linkedin&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYg4fHgdnyAhWMJzQIHZQqAqoQBSgAegQIARAC&biw=375&bih=553

1 Like