Patternmaker Directory

Hi Everyone!

I have an idea to make this work but still keep this anonymous.

If you’d like, please add a post here with the following info:

-Career experience thus far
-What type of product you specialize in or have the most experience with
-What programs you use
-What you are hoping to learn or work towards
-Are you open to freelance/project work (in case someone here wants to work with you)

And then, if anyone wants to reach out to hire you they can send you a DM.

Please let me know your thoughts/if you think this works? Open to feedback here!

1 Like

This looks great to me!

Career experience thus far:
I’ve been working in the apparel industry since 2008, usually in combination roles as a patternmaker & tech designer

What type of product you specialize in or have the most experience with

Primarily in cut & sew knits - upscale athleisure-type apparel. I have done wovens including denim and linens, but I find knits most intriguing.

I’ve worked on both men’s and women’s but have most experience with women’s.

What programs you use
I used Gerber V8.5 for most of my career. This year (2021) I made the transition to Tukatech since it is so much cheaper and easy to work with for small brands & factories.

I also have learned Optitex for a client and I’m in the process of learning CLO3D

What you are hoping to learn or work towards
-I’m interested in inclusive sizing, grading & how to offer extended sizes that actually fit people.

-I would also like to learn more about textile types & manufacturing so I can recommend appropriate & ecofriendly fabrications to my clients. I think understanding fibers & mills on a deeper level will improve my ability to make a pattern accommodated to that particular fabrication.

-I’m really enjoying freelance work, I am learning so much! I’m hoping to create a network of other, great patternmakers I can hand work off to so I don’t get overwhelmed as it is hard to say “no” at times!

-I am learning CLO3D and want to continue that work to understand how I can utilize it as a tool in the development process. Right now I’m finding that CLO makes some patterns look better than they do in real life, so I believe part of the process is figuring out how to utilize the settings in CLO to give you an accurate read on fit.

Are you open to freelance/project work (in case someone here wants to work with you)
Yes! I do style development, patternmaking, tech packs, technical illustrations & grading. With small brands & factories I find it’s a lot about listening and working with them to solve a problem - I particularly love this work.

Career experience thus far
15 years in Contemporary and Luxury, mostly NYFW brands, mens and womens (no kids) across categories but thin on knits and denim. Flat drafted in paper, draped, CAD.

What type of product you specialize in or have the most experience with
Definitely Womens outwear and evening gowns, but I’ve made more fitted trousers and button up shirts than I can possibly count.

What programs you use
Tukatech, some very old Gerber experience that I’ve probably totally forgotten, A bit of Clo3d but not really, Illustrator.

What you are hoping to learn or work towards
Would love to use a 3d program once it becomes easy to spot adjust bust/seat fullness on avatars. I’m a pretty solid patternmaker, but I can always learn more in terms of product development, fabric, and production processes. Always working toward more money LOL.

Are you open to freelance/project work
Open to freelance with well established brands already earning 500k+ in annual revenue. Not taking startup/early days brands/projects at this time. Generally hiring patternmakers more than I am available.

2 Likes