What do you hate about the recruiting process?

Let us know what you dislike about the fashion industry recruitment process. This survey is closing soon. Last chance to be heard!

Ghosting. No courtesy of acknowledgment

7 Likes

when recruiters say “send me your resume in a Word Document” -_-

7 Likes

Lack of acknowledgement that they received your resume.

2 Likes

Recruiter: I have an opportunity at [ ], they need [ ] and are willing to pay [ ]. See below job description and let know if you’re interested or if you know of anyone.

Me: Sounds great! See attached resume and below portfolio link.

crickets repeatedly

4 Likes

When a recruiter doesn’t know the difference between a “Sweater Knit Position” and a “Cut & Sew Knit Position”!

Oh yeah…and ghosting!

6 Likes

I truly love getting a quick rejection letter after applying for a job opening and then seeing the same job opening reposted a week later. It tells me that no one that applied for the job was worthy of the job. I like to reapply for those just to see what happens. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ghosting, long video interviews, take home ‘tests’ for jobs under 55k, low wage offers, no benefits, the word freelance so they can hire/fire you once jobs done, recruiters NOT looking at my resume and just running it through ATS.

2 Likes

When they send you random jobs that has nothing to do with what you are looking for, and still wants your updated resume.

5 Likes

My past three video interviews, I followed up with HR and then HR later ghosted me…What’s up with that? Why do companies condone their HR employees to not provide closure to candidates that have taken the time to interview? It’s a very concerning and sad statement about business today.

2 Likes

Literally, while telling a recruiter about myself and my experience, she interrupted and asked: WHATS A TECHPACK!?!?

I immediately knew I wouldn’t hear back, since wasn’t familiar with the role or even the industry.

3 Likes