Party city company review

Does anyone have any intel on party city?
Any info on the kind of workplace it is and the creative/ merchandising department would be appreciated. I have repeatedly applied there, and even with some insider help I didn’t even get a chance to interview (even though my profile matches the job description!)

2 Likes

Hi I recently interviewed at PCHI they have multiple positions available in sourcing and creative apparently they are restructuring both areas. I went through 3 rounds of interviews the first was staffing screening the 2nd was behavioral with an HR business partner, I did well with both interviews and was hopeful. The 3rd interview was with the hiring manager she was tough, and very interested in my experience down to the detail of how I performed my daily duties. During this interview I sensed I was not going to be a front runner. She was more focussed on my skills vs. getting to know me. I’m not sure what exactly she was looking for. I had the experience and skillset based on the job description and my resume was a match.
In my follow up e-mail, HR responded they went with another candidate. I replied and asked if I should apply to other positions I am qualified for, or if I can communicate with her directly, no response.

This experience exhausted me I’m not sure if I should reapply for other positions or not.
Their lack of communication makes me think I may just not be a fit for them and not to reapply for any of their position. I forgot to mention above, I also had an internal person submit my resume. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I really appreciate it.

I have been unemployed for almost a year and not to mention a tad desperate! So I am having a tough time making sense of this …

1 Like

I did 5 separate interviews with them as they were expanding PD in several categories. My 5th and final interview was with the SVP and seemed more like a “blessing” interview. Then they ghosted me. I reached out about 3x and they all ignored me. Not professional enough to even tell me I wouldn’t be offered a position.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience, I appreciate it. It seems like ghosting is the common thread at this place which seems like a major red flag!

2 Likes

Yes. In my experience ghosting has become the norm with the interview process instead of the exception here and there. Especially when I’ve already had a few interviews with a company. I’m more likely to receive correspondence that I won’t be considered when I apply for a role and that doesnt lead to an interview.

2 Likes

Unfortunately ghosting has become the norm. However so many companies are ghosting and they have multiple job postings …. What if 6-12 months down the line positions become available is it recommended to re-apply? Recently I had the experience with a company I applied to and went through the interview process with last year and revisited them again … GHOSTED AGAIN…. I’m going to run out of companies to apply to😳

1 Like

I have been getting ghosted by head hunters too! They reach out asking me if I am interested in a certain position and once I reply … its radio silence!
There aren’t enough positions to apply to at this rate for sure!

1 Like

If I interviewed with a company and they ghosted me afterwards I would not apply to them in the future. The ghosting leaves a bad impression on me about how unprofessional they operate and little they think of their employees. No matter how busy someone is (and everyone is busy so that’s no excuse in my book) they can take the time to send a quick email to let you know you are no longer being considered. It’s frustrating for sure and the one thing I feel I have some power over is to call them out on this behavior on a site like Glassdoor. Then forget about them and move onto the next. But yeah, I hear you - sometimes it feels like the pool is growing smaller the longer I’m unemployed. I gotta not buy into the negative thinking and just keep trying until I land something I’m proud of.

3 Likes