Has anyone worked for Walmart corp in the design or ecomm division?

Does anyone here have experience working with Walmart, in either their design or digital divisions? If so, is the work-life balance as good as it sounds? Is senior management reasonable, approachable and good at their jobs? thanks for any insights.

1 Like

Haven’t worked @ WM but work directly with them and it’s crazy stress. I’m on the west coast and frequently get emails from them working at 11pm-midnight their time.

2 Likes

I do not have experience. I was told that they have a very high turnover (before Covid), run people into the ground, not a supportive work environment. This is 3rd hand though.

2 Likes

Not at Walmart corp but used to design for one of their private labels. It was AWFUL - long hours, changes at the eleventh hour, completely re-designing programs overnight. Walmart buyers/merchandisers couldn’t make up their minds (copying a different brand every week) and really expected everything immediately.

Maybe it’s different working directly at corporate but since a lot of our hectic schedule and lack of work/life balance came from indecisive internal Walmart management, I doubt it’s that different. I say run.

3 Likes

I second this comment. Its exactly my experience. Im currently working for one of their private labels and desperately searching for a way out. It’s complete chaos and never lets up. I haven’t even been on the team for a full year.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the insight here. I’m actually interviewing with Walmart now and was wondering if things have improved for you or if you’ve moved on from the company?

1 Like