Fashion Industry Career Coach

Does anyone know or work with a Career Coach from the Fashion Industry that has been effective? Thank you!

I am not aware of anything or anyone like this except those that review your resume and give you general tips. Maybe Chris has some info. What I have found useful is listening to the content on a Youtube channel called Work it Daily. It is not fashion specific but the owner JT has some good content on job searches, interviews and other topics. Additionally, she has posted things since the pandemic so things are more specific to the times we are in now. I have not joined the Work it Daily paid services part of their offering as I have not needed that deep dive but I certainly would consider it as it is not expensive.

Good luck to everyone for finding work in 2021, me included.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the great suggestion. I really appreciate it. I am going to check that out. If I find anything else, I will post. I am a Buyer considering a switch to either Home or more of an eCommerce role.

Best of luck to you too, I hope this year is a better year for everyone.

2 Likes

You may want to try Amy Cole, https://www.amycoleconnect.com/. She was a fashion recruiter, maybe still is, but she does consult candidates as well.

4 Likes

In my former company we had an assistant buyer pivot to managing ecomm, because the idea was that she did the buy for emcomm specifically and not in conjunction with the retail store buyers. So that is something to think about and look for roles like that. Additionally pivoting to ecomm you should read up on google analytics and also look at videos on programs like shopify on how to enter and edit content on a website. That will arm you with the basic knowledge to speak to things in an interview.
What you are trying to accomplish is very doable but if you are a senior buyer with 10 years of experience your next position will likely be at a reduced salary.
Best of luck, if you need anything else please let me know

1 Like

@meganly, you might try Andi Fenster. https://www.facebook.com/powerunleashednow/

1 Like

Thank you, I will try her. I appreciate the help.

Thank you. That’s great advice. I appreciate your help. If you ever need anything, please let me know, maybe I can help.

Thank you so much I will check her out. I appreciate your help!!

2 Likes

Hi Amy -
I have a company C Suite Goals. I work with the CMTC to provide grants to small businesses in California that manufacture here. I can help guide you if you would like to reach out. I have spent the last 25 years building brands in fashion. I have worked with Eileen Fisher, Sketchers, Hello Kitty, and took BedHead Pajamas from a small boutique brand to a 12m mega brand, as well as many start ups. I love to give back, mentor and help. Let me know what I can do for you.

wendy@csuitegoals.com
Wendy Luttrell
www.csuitegoals.com
626-482-6414

1 Like

Thanks so much Wendy. I really appreciate it.

I would recommend Andi Fenster as well.

2 Likes