Have you ever been stiffed on a freelance gig?

Agreed going up from a lower place is usually next to impossible. Consider this, 24Seven charges about $75+ for a temp person. Granted they pay the taxes and if you’re in California that covers the temp worker issue, and you would get insurance also if you worked enough, but that’s usually on site, and at the moment, I’m not sure who wants to work 40 hours on site.

1 Like

My very first design job after college went that way. Great first taste of the industry. The company is no longer in business. Once my project (sketches, designs, and traveling back and forth to the office) was done, the owner said his business partner backed out of the deal and they didn’t need me anymore and they weren’t going to pay since they weren’t going forward with a collection. I tried calling a few times but his assistant blocked me saying he’s going through personal trauma because his business is failing and I needed to leave him alone. At that point in my life, I didn’t understand my legal options so I never got the money. When my second job owed me paychecks (FT though) I went through the department of labor and they were forced to pay eventually.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you checked the Freelance Union Organization, they may be able to give you advice on how to move forward. https://is.gd/dM2uRn

I did freelance for a guy in Atlanta who didn’t pay me for my last project. He gaslights and shifts the goal posts. I plan to sue him in small claims court since it has to be mitigated and it can be done virtually. It’s around $600 but at this point it’s more about principle and his view that rules don’t apply to him.
His name is Steven Herron and his start up company is Herron Endurance Apparel. I’m not sure if he’s still in business since he spent a lot of money on his marketing before there was any product. It’s best to avoid him or get paid up front.

1 Like