Fashion Brand Startups

I’m an experienced apparel designer who is now venturing into a career pivot of entrepreneurship and small business ownership. I have been immersing myself into this exciting new world by listening to amazing free fashion startup podcasts on Spotify and following a business startup online course. Being a founder is exciting, but feels lonely as I’m doing all of this on my own following my goals. I would love to connect with any of you who have experience in this fashion brand entrepreneurship space and are open to sharing their experiences or helping with mentorship. I am based in NYC, so if there are a few of us who are interested in discussing fashion business growth strategies or just to bounce off ideas, I would be happy to start a small community of fashion founders.

3 Likes

interested in starting too ! just something small and manageable- seems overwhelming- but big brands are such a yawn fest right now.

Can you share some of the podcasts you are listening to? I’m sure a lot of people in this group would benefit from being exposed to these.

Sure, I’ll be happy to. Here are a few of my recommended podcasts for anyone interested in starting a new fashion brand.

Startup fashion: do it your way- Nicole Giordano

Start your sustainable fashion brand- Shannon Lohr of Factory45

FastTrack your fashion brand- Nicole De Rocco

The future of fashion business- Esteban Julian

3 Likes

This is great, thanks!

1 Like

If you’re located in NYC, Fastrac New Venture is a free, very good program offered by the city of NY to support small businesses. It’s an 8 week course that teaches you everything you need to know to start a business and has a cohort of women to talk to about your experience. It’s very good.

2 Likes

Thanks for this valuable information!

I know this is an old thread but it’s refreshing to see people not giving up on fashion. I’m in the same boat as somebody who is starting from scratch, again. The fashion industry is always changing, but now it’s unrecognizable from what it used to be not only in LA or NY but globally. There’s still opportunities but no centralized fashion rules to guide those who still want to create and design. Which is kind of exciting if you think about it. I hope we can keep this start-up thread going for support.

3 Likes