Macy's (Home Office)

Is Macy’s Inc. (home office positions) your current or most recent employer? If so, please rate rate this organization with the selections provided below.

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO A FRIEND?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Please rate on a scale from 1-5 with 5 being the best

0 voters

CULTURE & VALUES

0 voters

CAREER ADVANCEMENT

0 voters

WORK/LIFE BALANCE

0 voters

SENIOR MANAGEMENT

0 voters

If you’d like to comment on your experience at Company Name, use the reply feature.

I worked at Macy’s and found it horrible. The worst 6 months of my life. I was harassed by on manager and HR had to get involved Based on her dishonesty and inappropriate behavior. When I left many of the people that I worked with were furious. They said even though they were unhappy, how could I find better work and resign after only a short time.

I did make some life long friends there. I have friends who have been there a long time and it has served them well. The culture from the HR perspective is fun and offers a lot of opportunity to develop outside of your specific role. My direct manager was great but her manager was awful.

The tech department is particularly problematic. Most of the team has been there for over a decade or two with little movement or promotions. They all seem dissatisfied and there is always petty drama and whispering and gathering To gossip in particular people’s cubicles.

Years later, I hired 2 people that I knew from Macy’s Tech Team and both were let go and returned to Macy’s soon after. They both complained that although they hated Macy’s they didn’t encounter the pressure to complete work quickly or do more ad they did for other retailers. They both brought a lot of the drama to other companies and had a hard time adjusting to change.

The design and merchandise teams have much faster promotions and happy and friendly teams.

1 Like