Anyone ever used Solomon Page Fashion & Beauty recruiters?

I see multiple postings from them constantly- often for roles that are very similar. It’s very obvious that they are often “fishing” for resumes for a couple/many jobs. Not really any specifics.

I’ve submitted my resume to them a number of times in the past, and they have never responded or acknowledged, even when it seems like I’m a perfect fit… while I get they are busy, it seems like a big black hole where resumes go to die.

Has anyone ever actually worked with this company? Have they had any success with getting interviews or being placed? Everyone I know thinks their listings are a waste of time.

1 Like

Over 5/6 years ago, I did get feedback from some Soloman Page recruiters and even went to their offices to show them my portfolio but nothing came of it. Recently over the past 2 years, I keep seeing this same ad for a freelance designer on StyleCareers. Initially I applied for it as it was perfect for my role. They wrote back that it was an old posting that had already been filled, but didn’t bother to take it off. I urged these recruiters to get rid of it as they were being unprofessional in misleading job seekers. No change. It’s still floating like a ghost on Style Careers.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten a couple of freelance accessory design jobs through them. Try and interview with Barbara. She knows the market and will not bullshit you.

1 Like

I work with most of the fashion-specific recruitment agencies. Overall, Solomon Page is one of the best.

1 Like

Is this the case for Los Angeles area too?

In my 20+ year career, I have never met anyone who has ever gotten a job, or even an interview, or ever worked with Solomon Page. Their listings- for the same things over and over again- seem to be a running joke.

3 Likes

I recall in another thread on here that there is going to be a data base on StyleCareers to rate and review recruitment agencies? I’ve actually been looking forward to checking that out. I don’t see it on the site yet though. Wondering what came of it…
Comments like this are so helpful for all of us battling the job search right now! I too have never gotten a job through Solomon Page. And even in LA market it is the same as NYC. A lot of ghost jobs that don’t exist anymore.

2 Likes

You’ll see a lot of the same ads from agencies but they aren’t necessarily the same jobs. When these agencies post job listings, they are usually generic enough to be used for similar positions at different companies OR different departments withing the same company. This is magnified by agencies who offer Temp Services.

I was ghosted by one of their main recruiters! She contacted me regarding a role that she thought would suit my abilities and suggested a large amount of steps I should take to get an interview. I did as she told and she never answered me back! A total waste of time. I crossed them off as a never reply to.

2 Likes

Not sure they are in business. Been recruited all over the place never got email from them they are waste

1 Like

The same thing happened to me. I had a great chat with the recruiter, yadda yadda. I was cautiously excited…shortly after she went black. I almost thought I dreamed the conversation.:roll_eyes:

1 Like